Important Coronavirus InformationMarch 16, 2020
First, a huge THANK YOU to all the nonprofits, medical workers, emergency responders, educators, community caretakers, volunteers, and generous neighbors helping to take care of one another under these difficult circumstances – you are our heroes!
As Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our communities, we want to express our heartfelt concern to all who are affected. We also want to share steps we are taking at OceanFirst Foundation to help our neighbors and partners. These include:
- $100,000 in new Rapid Response Grants to our trusted Food Bank partners to alleviate food insecurity.
- $150,000 in new Good Neighbor Grants will be awarded to nonprofits to address immediate needs/impacts resulting from COVID-19. REQUESTS IN PROGRESS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 4/7/2020 (12PM) – LIMITED FUNDING REMAINS. Click here for the application.
- Nonprofits that submitted either a Letter of Interest for a Major Grant or a Good Neighbor Program Grant Request by the March 1, 2020 deadline will have the option to revisit the purpose of their request and change, as needed, to address any impact of COVID-19 on operations.
- Nonprofits awarded a Good Neighbor Grant for a 2020 event that has been cancelled due to COVID-19 may keep the funds and the grant will become a general operating support grant. Organizations must email firstname.lastname@example.org to change status.
- Nonprofits awarded a Good Neighbor Grant for an event that has been rescheduled due to COVID-19 may keep the award. Organizations must email email@example.com with the new event date.
Please know that we are prepared to be as flexible as possible to each organization’s unique circumstances. Please give us a call if you have any questions or special circumstances.
In addition, we are pleased to share pertinent announcements on COVID-19 Initiatives from our colleagues at OceanFirst Bank.
Stay healthy and safe and check back for new updates!