Interested organizations can email Julie Bellezza at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. All organizations are required to submit an application to be considered to host an OceanFirst WaveMaker team. Please provide ample lead time from your project request to the anticipated project date.
There is not! All organizations are encouraged to utilize our network of 1,000+ employees to help with a variety of projects. All project requests will be considered but are not guaranteed.
Projects should be based on your nonprofit’s needs.
- Food pantry, thrift shop, or re-store stocking, organizing, packing and displaying.
- Meal preparation, serving, delivery, clean-up
- Outdoor gardening and sprucing
- Park, beach, or playground cleanups
- Conservation projects
- School-based – guest read to a class, give a special presentation on an important topic, arts & crafts with participants, career mentoring
- Financial literacy presentations
- Habitat for Humanity builds
- Event preparation
- IT assistance or other projects involving specialized skills
- Sorting of clothing, toys, toiletries or other donated items.
- Letter writing that supports you mission, i.e., encouraging notes/letters to service members, patients, etc.
- Painting, cleaning, refreshing interior/outdoor program spaces
- Staffing health events: blood drives, health fairs, clinics
These are just a few samples of ideas – be creative and let us know what you need! All projects will be considered but if your project is outdoors, we ask that you have alternative projects in the event of inclement weather.
CommunityFirst Day is an opportunity for OceanFirst team members to volunteer in the community with nonprofit partners in the Bank’s footprint.
CommunityFirst Day 2022 took place on October 6, 2022. CommunityFirst Day 2023 will be announced in early 2023!
Once your project has been approved and matched with an OceanFirst WaveMaker team you will be invited to apply for a CommunityFirst Day Grant of up to $250 to help offset any supply costs associated with projects.