OceanFirst Foundation’s grant programs are designed to embrace the diversity of the communities we serve. We consider requests from nonprofits (501c3) that can demonstrate a significant level of service and impact within one or more of the counties in OceanFirst Foundation’s New Jersey footprint – Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Monmouth, and Ocean. Applicants from outside this primary footprint must be invited to submit a request. The mission of applicant organizations should also align with one or more of our funding priorities: Health and Wellness, Housing, Improving Quality of Life, and Youth Development and Education. Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other factors protected by law are ineligible for consideration. Some grant programs will have additional eligibility requirements – please review the guidelines of each grant program for more information.
In addition, we cannot provide funding for the following:
- Athletic teams, athletic events or sports leagues
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Exceptions may be made for volunteer fire and first aid squads with 504 (c)(4) status.
- Organizations that are not compliant with the State of New Jersey’s charitable registration requirements
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns or organizations designed primarily to lobby
- Organizations with programs that are primarily religious in nature, such as faith-based indoctrination, church building campaigns, and general offerings. However, we will consider supporting such organizations provided the programs offered meet a need of the broader community, for example, soup kitchens, homeless shelters and other social service needs
- Travel-related requests including student trips and tours
Requests for consideration must be submitted through OceanFirst Foundation’s online Grant Request Portal with all required supporting documents unless otherwise specified. If your organization does not have access to technology or needs special assistance in submitting a request, please reach out to us and we’ll work with you on your submission. Requests that do not meet grant eligibility requirements will be rejected.
Information for Grantseekers
If you or your organization is seeking a grant, you’ll want to determine if your project fits within our four core priority areas: Health and Wellness, Housing, Improving Quality of Life, and Youth Development and Education. Give us a call to chat about your ideas and we’ll guide you in the right direction.