OceanFirst Foundation’s grant programs are designed to embrace the diversity of the communities we serve. Applicants must be based in, serve or demonstrate impact within one or more of the communities within our geographic footprint which includes Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Middlesex (Monroe Twp. only), Monmouth, and Ocean Counties in New Jersey. The mission of applicant organizations should also align with our funding priorities: Health and Wellness, Housing, Improving Quality of Life, and Youth Development and Education. Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or other factors protected by law are ineligible for consideration.
In addition, we cannot provide funding for the following:
- Athletic teams, athletic events or sports leagues
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that are not compliant with the State of New Jersey’s charitable registration requirements
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns or organizations designed primarily to lobby
- Organizations with programs that are primarily religious in nature, such as faith-based indoctrination, church building campaigns, and general offerings. However, we will consider supporting such organizations provided the programs offered meet a need of the broader community, i.e., soup kitchens, homeless shelters and other social service needs
- Travel-related requests including student trips and tours
Applications must be submitted through OceanFirst Foundation’s online grantee portal with all required supporting documents unless otherwise specified. Applications that are submitted by other means will not be considered. Requests that do not meet grant eligibility requirements will be rejected.
Information for Grantseekers
If you or your organization is seeking a grant, you’ll want to determine if your project fits within our four core priority areas: Health and Wellness, Housing, Improving Quality of Life, and Youth Development and Education. Give us a call to chat about your ideas and we’ll guide you in the right direction.